As a result of the first meetings of the working groups, from the Foodservice Cluster we have developed new verticals of work on the Nutrition and Health axis to be able to comply with everything that was most voted by the associates in this area.
In this way, we will be able to align the next actions and activities of the Cluster with the needs of our associates in order to encourage innovation and collaboration between companies.
These verticals are a total of eight:
- Alternative protein: Form an alternative protein hub with companies associated with the cluster to drive innovation and development of new products
- Waste management: Devise new collaborative projects that value this type of by-product
- Reduction and / or substitution of sugars, salts and fats: Inform about the existing alternatives to these ingredients
- Smart labeling: Create and promote projects that bet on a new labeling model that facilitates the understanding of the information by the consumer and increases their knowledge about the product
- Personalized nutrition: Integrate this concept in both social and commercial catering and retail
- Food safety and allergen control: Standardize the labeling of allergens not considered
- Fair food community: Inform about new methodologies and technologies to improve product preservation, new allergen control systems
- Seafood sub-cluster: Enhancement of species, disseminate catch information, management of waste from the fishing industry and monitoring of traceability