Coinciding with the World Recycling Day, on May 17, the Packaging Cluster and the Cluster Foodservice jointly organize the session ‘The circular economy and its regulatory impact on packaging’.
During the day, the new state and European legislation for food packaging will be presented and the trends and adoption of recycling as a business strategy will be discussed.
The session is exclusive for members of the Packaging Cluster and the Foodservice Cluster. The price for non-associated professionals is € 120 + VAT. Members of other clusters will enjoy a 15% discount on the original price.
11.00h – Welcome. Packaging Cluster& Cluster Foodservice
11.10h – BLOCK 1: Legislation for disposable packaging.
- Interpretation of the European Disposable Plastics Directive (SUPD). Carles M. Gasol, Inèdit – 15 min.
- The future of food packaging legislation in a Europe Zero Waste. Rosa García, Rezero – 15 min.
- Round table 1: Trends under the new legislation. Participants: Marta Conill (Duni), Cristina Alonso (Areas), Carles M. Gasol (Inèdit) and Rosa García (Rezero) – 20 min.
12.00h – BLOCK 2: Circular packaging.
- New European Circular Economy Action Plan (March 2020), aspects related to Plastics and Packaging. Montse Castillo, REPAQ – 15 min.
- From regulations to the reality of recycling. Challenges and opportunities. Victoria Ferrer, Gremi de Recuperació – 15 min.
- Round table 2: Adoption of recycling as a business strategy. Participants: Teresa Sancho (Saica), Amaya Prat (Grup Ametller Origen), Montse Castillo (REPAQ) i Victoria Ferrer (Gremi de Recuperació) – 20 min.
12.50h – Closing