On June 18, the CLUSTER DEVELOPMENT company presented, after a rigorous 9-month work, the conclusions of its report commissioned by the Foodservice Cluster thanks to the co-financing of ACCIÓ to know in depth the market of the Foodservice in Chile and Colombia, analyze the The convenience of starting approximations and contacts with potential buyers, partners and distributors to search for all kinds of collaborations and enter this way in the markets of the two countries mentioned.
The work in particular consisted of
Market analysis based on reports and studies
• Selection of 15 targeted interviews between the 2 countries (presence or telematic) in the big cities (Santiago, Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, …)
• Interviewees: – Organized modern restoration buyers – Companies of the institutional segment or collectives – Independent distributors that go to the FS – Companies with solutions FS (competitors or potential partners) – Some agent surroundings (fairs, associations, logistics, customs, …
• Preparation of a market analysis document
• Workshop with interested cluster companies (in Barcelona)
• Document with the conclusions and recommendations of the project • Final presentation of the conclusions
• Proposal of next steps for phase 2 of the project
After the presentation and given the opportunities and interest of the different companies of the Cluster, it is being valued starting a first inverse mission given the proximity of the Fira del Fòrum Gastronòmic de Barcelona (November 18, 2019) and Alimentaria (20 April 2020) with the main distributors and operators selected and then prepare a Direct Mission in Chile and / or Colombia.
If you want to access the interesting report click HERE